CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 11, 2008

The Accident

The Fourth of July turned out to be more eventful then we had planned, as well as an unplanned trip to the ER. (Which most I think are unplanned trips. ;op) But long story short Brian ended up going head first into the pool 5ft deep at my brother's condo. The impact was so severe that he split his head open to the skull and ended up with nearly 100 stitches. The cut is nearly 5 inches long. The accident has been very sobering for myself and Brian. You never think this will happen to you. We are so grateful that Brian's injury was only a massive cut. All of his doctors kept telling us he should have broken his neck and it is a miracle he did not. Our lives would have changed forever. It makes me cry just writing about it. I do not know what I would do without Brian in my life. He is such an amazing man and has been pretty tough through the whole situation. He has been off work all week; resting and taking it easy. The C Scan came back perfect and his healing has been another story. His swelling has gone done almost completely, his black eyes are nearly gone and his stitches are out- the cut looks outstanding. Thank you everyone who has been praying for Brian. Especially- thank you to Jami, Dan, Nick and my parents who have been so concerned and helpful during the accident. In closing, love the ones you love most everyday. Do not let the sun go down on anger, because you will never know what tomorrow may bring and you could be left wishing for the past.

PS... I will not post a photo of his head- it may make someone weak in the stomach.

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm so glad he is okay :)