CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 10, 2008

In the deepest moments. . .

I am sitting here in our living room- sipping on a perfect glass of red wine waiting for Brian to get home and I cannot help, but think about what happen a week ago. It has been on my mind all week. Last Friday evening, my parents neighbor, Bill, came home from a run and collapsed. Within 15 minutes he was gone.... Bill was only 58 years old, married to his wife, Donna for 38 years. My mind all week drifted toward her and her kids. Utter sadness has filled my heart, her whole life has changed in a matter of moments. They had the golden years ahead of them. Grandkids to spoil, a trip to Hawaii in Jan., a new winter home in AZ, retirement... and now she lives in a big house alone, waiting for Bill to come home. He was supposed to be in Washington D.C. this week and his suitcase is still sitting by their door. It has really hit home for me how precious life truly is and you never know when your last moments will be. Of course, we all hope to grow old and die peacefully in our sleep. But that is just not a reality for some of us. I love Brian more this week then I think I have. I cannot imagine my life without this man. He is my best friend, my hero, my strength, my lover, my shoulder to cry on. He is so giving, understanding and supportive. I cherish our quiet moments and still hours. I love my family more this week. I cherish Jami and who she is in my life more this week. She is my kindred spirit, my breath of fresh air, my solid ground and my best friend for all of my life. I cherish her honesty and her strenght. I cherish my parents and the love and support they have given Brian and I. Their gentleness, their prayers, and their advice; it has given so much life in my dark moments. They are one of my number 1 support while I am finishing my MBA program. Their encouragement and praise has spurred my spirit. I cherish Nick and the amazing brother and friend that he is. I cherish his gentle understanding and love. I appreciate his friendship and constant support. I cannot imagine my life without my family! I have 4 dear friends who read this blog, they are such dear friends of mine. They have gotten me through some of the hardest times in my life. They are true friends through and through. I want to live my life to the very fullest... and love the ones I cherish most. There is so much more to life..

4 comments:

Jami said...

Life isn't always easy but some how out of those moments that touch us so deeply we realize just how blessed we truly are. I love you more than life itself. I am rich in this life . . .

Neil and Sarah said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom's neighbor! Life can change in an instant. You are so lucky to have such wonderful parents, friends, and a loving husband and sister. You really are kicking butt going for that MBA! That is not an easy thing to do...I know :)

Rhonda said...

I am totally in tears right now. Brooke, that was really beautiful. I am lucky to be able to call you my friend.

Kimberly said...

Sure, make the pregnant chick cry :) Love you too Brooke!